welcome to Seattle Snow Ball!
The Seattle Snow Ball is the swankiest holiday gala to attend in the city. Against the back-drop of the gorgeous, new Mercedes Benz Seattle showroom; party guests will mix and mingle with Seattle's finest as they raise money for our amazing non-profits:
Proceeds from the Seattle snow Ball will be used to purchase Christmas presents and necessities for neglected and abused children served by Childhaven, and senior citizens who are supported by The Market Foundation's Senior Center and Food Bank.
The Pike Place Market Foundation is the heart of the Market. By helping our low-income neighbours who work, learn and live in and around the Market, the Foundation helps the Market you love remain a thriving, caring community.
Through fund raising, advocacy and community engagement, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that allows our diverse community to live and thrive here at Pike Place Market. Together, we feed the hungry, care for the sick, educate kids, and find homes for those without – all right here at Pike Place Market.
This years Focus is the Seniors,
For more than 30 years, the Pike Market Senior Center has been serving seniors who live in the Pike Place Market and downtown Seattle neighborhoods, and who are facing the realities of hunger, aging, poverty, poor health, and social isolation. More than 1,100 homeless and low-income seniors visit the Senior Center every year to look for a job or housing, take language and exercise classes, or just find a hot meal and a safe place to socialize. The Senior Center’s meal program is open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch, and serves approximately 40,000 hot meals annually.
Childhaven not only heals families already shattered by abuse and neglect, we also work to prevent it from occurring again.Here’s how:
In three locations across Seattle and King County, we intervene during the most critical period of brain development for children one month through 5 years of age, who receive the therapy, social interaction and emotional support they need to grow up happy and healthy. Parents and caregivers also get the encouragement and support they need to become the families they want to be.
• Therapeutic Child Care —Children referred to us by child welfare authorities receive developmentally-focused care and treatment in an enriched learning environment with very low child-to-staff ratios.
• Drug-Affected Infant Program —Children affected by their parents’ substance abuse (including in utero) receive care and treatment while their parents are enrolled in an outpatient chemical dependency treatment program.
• Wrap-around services—Health screenings, two balanced meals a day, door-to-door transportation to and from our branches, monthly home visits and daily home monitoring.
• Parent education —Through individual and group support and a new program that uses videotaping and feedback, parents gain skills and confidence to better care for and nurture their children.
• Committed, professional staff —Case managers who are licensed mental health counselors and social workers, therapeutic child care teachers, home visitors and pediatric nurses. We also partner with community resources to ensure that all our children's developmental needs are met.
- • Therapeutic Child Care —Children referred to us by child welfare authorities receive developmentally-focused care and treatment in an enriched learning environment with very low child-to-staff ratios.